silver_chipmunk (silver_chipmunk) wrote,

  • Mood:

Turtle stuff

Started out the day by going to my meeting. Stopped at the bagel place for a bacon, egg, and cheese on a roll, and coffee. The meeting was very good.

After the meeting Oldest Brother picked me up and we came back to my place, stopping at Rite Aid for my prescriptions on the way.

When we got here we puttered on line for awhile. The Kid called, the opal that she ordered on-line came and she sent pictures of it.

Then we motivated ourselves to do turtle tasks. We emptied the water from the tank, and then I moved the rocks and discovered just how mucky it was underneath them. No wonder the water wouldn't stay clear, it was constantly being contaminated by the gunk. So I took the rocks out, washed them off, and scooped out as much of the icky stuff as I could.

Then I cleaned the filter, and reassembled the tank, ie rebuilt the rock platform. Then we refilled the tank. Alas, the gunk that I couldn't scoop out left the water so murky it's worse than it was before I cleaned it. If the filter doesn't take care of it by Monday I'm going to have to drain the water again and replace it, all by myself. Yuck.

Anyway, we took a rest after that, and Oldest Brother took a brief nap. After that I organized my recycling, and we took it, plus the bag of gunk I scooped from the turtle tank to the place where the garbage goes. I still have some cardboard to take out, maybe I'll do it tomorrow.

We did some brief shopping. First we went to Petco for turtle food. And while I was there I spotted something else to get her, a box of two cuttlebones packaged for turtles as a calcium supplement, so i picked that up too. Then we went to BJ's, where I got yogurt and orange juice.

After that we went to Applebee's and used the gift card that [personal profile] mashfanficchick and her mother gave us for Christmas. So that was nice.

And then we came back home and I gave Christie her cuttlebone. She hasn't eaten any of it yet though, which is disappointing. The last time she had one, which was years ago, she almost immediately started chomping it down. But it's in there when she decides to give it a try.

Oldest Brother took another nap, and then went home, and that's pretty much the day. I didn't have time to Skype the FWiB, but we e-mailed.

Gratitude List:

1. The FWiB.

2. Oldest Brother.

3. My turtle.

4. My meetings and the people at them.

5. Friends.

6. Three day weekend just beginning.

  • A Zoomy Day!

    I meant to get up at 10, but I hot the snooze alarm too many times and got up at 10:45, which meant I had to really rush to get breakfast and coffee…

  • TGIF

    Well, Oldest Brother's "interview" was a bust, apparently the Medicaid guy was just trying to walk him through getting an online SS account, which…

  • Nothing much about today

    I was a bit late getting to work cause I overslept again. Gotta' watch that tomorrow. Work was pretty quiet, nothing much to say. I went to the YA…

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.