silver_chipmunk (silver_chipmunk) wrote,

  • Mood:

Catching up on the weekend

So here's how it all went: Wonderful!

Got up at 4:30 Friday morning and got showered and dressed by 5:30. [personal profile] mashfanficchick and her mother were here on time to pick me up. We went to a Dunkin' Donuts where I got coffee and breakfast, and got them hot drinks. The Kid and SIL were late but not too badly; we met them at the airport (JFK). There was no problem with security, and we made it to the gate with plenty of time.

The flight went smoothly, and we picked up the rental car with no problem. The drive to the hotel was shorter than we expected and the scenery was lovely.

The hotel was wonderful, a little house-like place, where just about everyone staying was there for the wedding. My room was huge, with two beds, and a comfy chair. After we checked in and unpacked we started looking for a place for lunch and we found a charming seafood place, everything was delicious. Then we went back to the hotel and met up with John, Denise and Brianne and Aunt Helen. We went with them to another restaurant where they had lunch and we got drinks and dessert.

Back to the hotel, and then we deathmarched to the local Walgreens. Why we didn't take the car I do not know, but it was raining too. This as the only bad part of the whole trip. At Walgreens I bought a bunch of makeup, and then we went on further to Walmart. Luckily that was just a little ways from Walgreens.

On the way back to the hotel, a random car made an illegal left turn and nearly hit the SIL. He was not pleased.

Back at the hotel, we did a wine tasting (the are connected with a winery), and then had some nice conversation with the great aunt of the bride. Finally we ordered a pizza, and ate it in my room. I managed to squeak in a short call to the FWiB.

Then we went down to John and Denise's room and hung out there with various family members and drank more wine.

Then finally went to bed. Slept late the next day, went out for breakfast to a very cute place called The Crimson Moon. Then I showered and put on my underwear and Skyped the FWiB. Then the Kid came in and did my makeup and hair, and I put on my dress, and I looked really pretty good!

We got the cab to the wedding venue, and that was no trouble at all. The venue was beautiful. The weather was bad though, I feel sorry for Shannon. It was a very nice ceremony, on the small side, but all the cousins were there. Not to many of the younger ones though. It was rather short, the ceremony was at 5:00 and everything ended at 9:30, with people leaving by 10:00. Brian had arranged for us all to meet at a place called Shenanigans just down the street from the hotel, and we did that til they closed, then went back to John and Denise's room for awhile longer. After they went to bed I did my packing was was in bed by a little after 2:00.

The next day I meant to get up by 7:30 but fell asleep again and got up a bit before 8:30. Showered and dressed and went down to the brunch. I was just about the first one there, but everyone dribbled in bit by bit. Had a very nice time. the brunch ended at 12:00, after that people left and the Kid and SIL went to check into their rustic cabin where they are spending until tomorrow night and I walked around the very cute little town and window shopped.

I got a ride back to the airport with friends of Laurie's, someone I knew slightly, so that was nice. The flight back was frustrating, it was delayed for a couple hours, which actually worked out well as it meant I was there on time, but then we were sitting on the runway for half an hour. But a night flight in a window seat was very interesting and beautiful.

Got in to Newark, took NJ Transit into NYC to Penn station, and met [personal profile] mashfanficchick and her mother. We got takeout Indian food and went back to her place and ate. It was delicious. I got home and in bed once again by 2:00.

Today I slept until 12:30, then went to the bagel place for brunch. Came back, puttered on the computer, went to the bedroom and napped for awhile. Got up, Skyped the FWiB, and then puttered on the computer some more. Finally had dinner, and read.

I should say that Oreo developed a cold while I was gone. He is sniffling and sneezing, but I don't think he needs a vet yet. Hopefully he'll get better on his own.

And that's about it. That was my weekend.

Gratitude List:

1. The FWiB.

2. My family.

3. Safe flights.

4. Friends.

5. Beautiful weekend.

6. I accidentally closed this page while talking to Oldest Brother but autosave saved my post.

  • Worked from home

    I accomplished a few things. Watched a genre training on Silkpunk. Signed up for Edelweisse. Almost finished my long worked on blog post. And read in…

  • Back to work

    Made it to work on time, and worked. It was a pretty blah day. The only thing of note was that I was accepted into the YA Best Books for teens…

  • I called the Insurance company today

    Slept late, called Oldest Brother, then got up and had breakfast and coffee. Puttered online for awhile, then Skyped the FWiB. We had a nice…

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.