silver_chipmunk (silver_chipmunk) wrote,

  • Mood:

Slept til 12

I feel guilty for calling out, but there was no way I could have gone to work after being up til 5.

So anyway, yesterday I made it to the Starbuck's by [personal profile] mashfanficchick by 10:30. We were supposed to meet at 11. Everyone (except the Kid and SIL, who never did come) got there around the right time. So after breakfast at Starbucks we headed in. There was Dani and the ewo kids, Winnie and Theo, and MJ, and [personal profile] mashfanficchick ane her mother just to see us off, and me. We had a rented wheelchair for MJ.

We got to the meeting spot around 1, though we were supposed to be there at 12, but it didn't matter because we waited to step out into the march for hours. And the wheelchair broke. We couldn't just abandon it because it was rented. So we marched in the parade with MJ using the stroller as a walker, neither of the kids using it, us chasing them around, [personal profile] mashfanficchick pushng the empty wheelchair...

And the parade organizers couldn't decide of the ine of march. They kept moving us. It was a clusterfuck, but as always I did enjoy the experience.

We didn't last long. MJ just couldn't do it, so we called it off and slipped out of the line of march and went to a place to eat. The food wasn't great.

Ultimately we ended up at Union Square, running into Maritza and another friend I can't remember her name, on the way. MJ went to Barnes and Noble, and Dani, [personal profile] mashfanficchick and I took the kids to the playground in Union Square park.

Eventually Dani and the kids got picked up by [personal profile] mashfanficchick's mother, and we went to meet MJ in Barnes and Noble. On the way we discovered the Nutella cafe! So we got a snack from there to take to Barnes and Noble, and met MJ in the cafe, and stayed there til closing time.

[personal profile] mashfanficchick's mother picked us up after dropping Dani and the kids in NJ, but it took her a long time because so many streets were closed for Pride. Meanwhile, I saw a facebook post from the head of my union who was marching with the library that they hadn't set off by 6 pm!

Anyway, after she got there to pick us up, we found the thrice-damned wheelchair couldn't fit in the car with us in it, so [personal profile] mashfanficchick took it home on the subway while her mother drove me and MJ back to her place.

When we all reassembled, we went out to a diner for food. And the waiter screwed up the check so we had to get that straightened out. Then they brought me home, and I crawled into bed after feeding the pets.

Woke up a bit before 9, called out of work, went back to sleep, slept til noon.

Then [profile] user and I went to the Village and Soho, and walked around for a few hours. Saw some interesting stuff, played a game of backgammon in a decor store (they had a set out; I won) and then she had to go to meet another friend for a concert and I came home.

Skyped the FWiB briefly, and that's pretty much the day. I had a bowl of cheerios for dinner, and now I'm waiting for Oldest Brother to call.

wheeew, that's a LOOOOOOONG entry!

Gratitude List:

1. The FWiB.

2. Friends.

3. Pride.

4. New York City.

5. Mass transit.

6. Bed again soon!

  • A Zoomy Day!

    I meant to get up at 10, but I hot the snooze alarm too many times and got up at 10:45, which meant I had to really rush to get breakfast and coffee…

  • TGIF

    Well, Oldest Brother's "interview" was a bust, apparently the Medicaid guy was just trying to walk him through getting an online SS account, which…

  • Nothing much about today

    I was a bit late getting to work cause I overslept again. Gotta' watch that tomorrow. Work was pretty quiet, nothing much to say. I went to the YA…

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.