I got a phone call this morning from my vet, who said he thought Bjorn should have a sonogram, and did I want him to write me a referral to a 24 hour emergency specialist place to get a sonogram? I said yes, and he told me where to go, a place in Forest Hills called Blue Pearl. So since Oldest Brother was coming over today I waited til he got here and we took Bjorn over.
They hospitalized him, and did blood tests and the sonogram. And he has a mass in his stomach and thickening in his GO tract, and enlarged lymph nodes and they say it's almost certainly lymphoma. So I have two choices, have them treat him with prednisone for the symptoms, and see if that gives him some relief. Or be more aggressive in diagnosing and treating it. I need to decide by tomorrow.
I need to ask them more questions. I will tomorrow.
I spoke with The Kid to fill her in on everything.
This hurts so much.
1. Oldest Brother.
2. The FWiB.
3. The Kid.
4. My vet.
5. I can afford what I've paid so far.
6. Sybil is fine and healthy, and the turtle too.